Elk Grove Village AC Repair and Maintenance
Providing Cooling Repair in the Arlington Heights Area
Summers the Elk Grove Village area can be brutal. That’s why a home with reliable air conditioning is on the top of many buyer’s shopping lists. When your AC unit stops working, life can quickly become a sweaty mess. Instead of suffering through the heat, give Midwest Comfort Heating & Cooling a call instead. Whether you end up needing a simple repair or a full AC replacement, we’re here for you.
Call now for fast turnarounds and peace of mind guaranteed. Serving the AC repair and maintenance needs of Arlington Heights, IL and surrounding areas.
How to Tell When It’s Time to Call an AC Expert
Sometimes—for various reasons—this process stops or sputters. Unfortunately, unless it’s a full-on breakdown, most homeowners don’t know when it’s time to call a Elk Grove Village-area HVAC contractor. Here’s a shortlist of circumstances where you should:
- The unit hums but refuses to turn on
- You can’t trigger the AC on from the thermostat
- You hear strange noises or feel vibrations
- You see water pooling around your air conditioner
- The fan runs but the heat coming out is still hot
- The unit abruptly ceases operation
If you do notice any of the above problems, don’t panic. We can help! Contact us at (847) 338-2777 to schedule an appointment for AC service.
Reliable AC Repair Services in Arlington Heights, Illinois
Are you having trouble maintaining consistent indoor temperatures? Not getting any cool air at all? AC problems are often caused by blocked filters, which can lead to frozen evaporator coils and blower damage. A professional inspection by our skilled and experienced Arlington Heights, IL AC repair technicians will identify the source of the problem and allow us to present you with the most cost-effective solutions.
The Most Common Causes of AC Failure
You might be wondering why your air conditioner failed. Maybe it’s only a few years old. Or, perhaps you just had a tune-up done on it a couple of weeks ago. After of HVAC experience, we’ve found the following are the most common reasons for failure:
- Faulty Electrical Components
- Refrigerant Leaks
- Frozen Coils
- Damaged Fan Blades
- Bad Compressors
- Faulty Thermostats
- Skipped Maintenance Visits
Avoid Cooling Emergencies With Routine AC Maintenance
The most effective way to prevent AC problems is to have your comfort system maintained regularly. This means replacing the AC filter every one to three months, checking for signs of potential problems, and working with a trusted HVAC professional to handle seasonal inspections and tune ups. We offer annual service agreements that come with spring AC tune ups that include coil cleaning, refrigerant level checks, and more. Reach out today to learn more about signing up for an annual service agreement.
Air Conditioning FAQs
- How Much Will My AC Service Cost? The cost of your air conditioner repair or installation depends wholly on the layout of your home and the circumstances involved. For that reason, we cannot provide quotes over the phone.
- How Long Does the Typical AC Unit Last? While the lifespan of a new AC unit varies depending on make and model, most will last between 10 and 15 years. Some systems can make it well over 20 years if properly maintained. A lot of this, however, depends on how much you use your system.
- Is there Anything I should Check before Calling You? Before giving us a call at (847) 338-2777, go through the basics. Make sure you don’t have a dead thermostat or a tripped breaker. Then, put in a new air filter and make sure you have the system set to Cool. If none of these things are to blame, reach out to us for an AC diagnosis check.
- What Are BTUs and EERs? You might hear our HVAC technician use these acronyms and not know what they mean. A BTU—a British Thermal Unit—is a measurement of heat. An Energy Efficiency Resource Standard (EERS), meanwhile, is a guideline used to represent the energy efficiency of a system.
- My AC Bills Are High. Is There Anything I Can Do? Aside from replacing your system with a more efficient one, you can try buying blackout curtains, replacing old insulation, and sealing windows. Installing a whole-house or ceiling fan can also help reduce sticker shock.
- Should I Cover My Unit in the Winter? If you want to avoid leaves and debris inside your AC unit, you can purchase a cover through your brand’s dealer. This is not necessary if you have a heat pump, however.
- Why Won’t You Just Refill My Freon? Though your AC unit might work if we just refilled your coolant, that’s a band-aid fix for a much larger problem. Because air conditioners are closed systems, any loss in refrigerant means you have a leak. With many older systems using environmentally hazardous substances like R-410—which is now banned in new units and only available via reclamation—getting these refills can end up being more expensive than buying a new air conditioner that uses safer, lower-cost refrigerants.
Trust Us to Fix Any AC Problem in the Elk Grove Village Area
When you need AC service in Elk Grove Village, Mount Prospect, or Arlington Heights. Midwest Comfort Heating & Cooling is the company to trust. We service all models and makes of air conditioning equipment including Trane, Carrier, and Goodman. We also promise to treat every customer with the respect and autonomy they deserve. Please reach out to us by phone or form to schedule your AC repair or installation today!
Schedule Quality AC Repair and Maintenance Services in Arlington Heights, IL Today
When you work with us you can be confident that you will be receiving the fast and reliable solutions you need. Our Arlington Heights, IL air conditioning repair and maintenance technicians will take the time to assess your needs, explain the best solution for your home, and make sure the job is completed to meet the highest in safety and quality standards.
Contact us today to schedule immediate AC repair and maintenance services in Arlington Heights, IL or the surrounding area.