Good, Better, Best Air Conditioner Installation
A home is for many people, the largest purchase they will make in their lifetime. When it is time to replace a home’s major system such as the cooling system, finding your best options and choosing the best solution can have a big effect on your largest financial investment.
Midwest Comfort Heating & Cooling believes in showing its customers the best solutions available for their home when it is time to replace the cooling system. Midwest Comfort will present the three best options and rank them according to “good, better and best”. All three options will be for high quality, energy efficient air conditioners. The key difference between the options comes down to efficiency.
Air conditioners come in efficiency ratings called SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficient Ratio). The higher the SEER rating, the more efficient the equipment. The minimum SEER rating allowed to be installed in the Northwest Chicago Suburbs is 14 SEER. The minimum SEER rating for a new air conditioner installation that will qualify for ComEd rebates is currently 15 SEER. A 15 SEER new air conditioner installation can qualify for up to $250 in ComEd rebates. A new air conditioner installation with a SEER rating of 16 or 18 are some of the most efficient air conditioners available. A 16 SEER new air conditioner installation can currently qualify for up to $350 in ComEd rebates. While an 18 SEER new air conditioner installation can currently qualify for up to $450 in ComEd rebates.
Giving the Good, Better and Best options, will show all the options available and help in making an informed decision.
There are other comfort-related decisions to make as well. If comfort is your main concern, consider these comfort products: dehumidifiers, air cleaners and smart thermostats.
We Are Here To Serve You
Throughout the Northwest Chicago Suburbs extreme heat can descend upon us at the drop of a hat. At Midwest Comfort, we understand you can never plan enough for emergency situations. You’ll find comfort in knowing Midwest Comfort Heating & Cooling can affordable repair all makes and models.
Here are just a few reasons why customers choose Midwest Comfort for air conditioner repairs:
- We Service Your Area: Midwest Comfort has a air conditioner repair technician in your area right now.
- Affordable Repairs: After diagnosing the air conditioner, your technician will verify the repairs and cost before he performs the work. There are never any surprises at the end of the service!
- All Makes and Models: Midwest Comfort can repair any air conditioner regardless of make and model!
- Superior Service: With our accreditation and A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, you can trust that your air conditioner repair is in good hands with Midwest Comfort.
Call us on the number listed at the top of this page, or contact us to schedule your air conditioner repair today!
Why you need to get a Air Conditioner Tune-Up
Does it seem like your air conditioner is running more than usual to maintain your set temperature? Has it been a few years since you had a maintenance tune-up on the air conditioner? Do you dread the monthly electric bill during the summer months? If you answered yes to any of these questions, your air conditioner is probably past due for an air conditioner tune-up from Midwest Comfort Heating & Cooling. This affordable annual service has many benefits for your equipment and your wallet.
- Save Money and Energy: A clean cooling system operates more efficiently and uses far less energy than one that has not been properly maintained. Scheduling Midwest Comfort for your air conditioner tune-up each and every year will help you keep more money in your pocket while helping to extend the life of your air conditioning equipment.
- Increase Comfort: Dirt and debris can build up on the outdoor condenser coil, causing less airflow across the coil. When airflow is limited, the equipment’s ability to cool your home is limited.
- Prevent Breakdowns: Many air conditioning breakdowns can be traced back to a lack of regular maintenance. Avoid the inconvenience and cost of frequent breakdowns, and have Midwest Comfort out each year for your air conditioner tune-up.
- Increase Lifespan: The better you care for your air conditioner, the longer it will last! Midwest Comforts’ certified maintenance technicians will clean and inspect your system to prevent the need for premature replacement.
Contact us today to schedule your air conditioner tune-up!
Air Conditioner Tune-Up Checklist
- Clean outdoor condenser coil
- Check condenser capacitor
- Check amperage draw and operation of condenser fan motor
- Check refrigerant pressures
- Inspect condenser electrical disconnect box
- Check all condenser electrical connections
- Visually inspect exterior line set insulation
- Check amperage draw of blower motor
- Check furnace filters
Preventative Maintenance and Air Conditioner Warranty Coverage
Regardless of make and model, nearly all furnace and air conditioner manufacturers require that their systems be cleaned yearly in order to maintain warranty coverage. They realize how a lack of proper air conditioner maintenance can damage the vital components within the units. This is why manufactures include a maintenance requirement within their warranties, and failure to complete the cleanings regularly will result in loss of coverage.
Do not let your warranty go to waste! A small investment in a tune-up with Midwest Comfort will protect your warranty and your wallet. We expertly service all makes and models, so call Midwest Comfort to schedule your air conditioner tune-up now!
Good – 14 Seer Air Conditioner
The SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating is the cooling output during a typical cooling-season divided by the total electric energy input during the same period. The higher the unit’s SEER rating the more energy efficient it is.
The minimum SEER rating that can be installed in the Northwest Chicago Suburbs is 14 SEER. Even though this is the minimum, they are still much more efficient than unit installed 10 years or more ago. Many of the older air conditioning units have SEER ratings around 10 SEER. As with all mechanical equipment, as the unit gets older, the efficiency of the unit begins to drop. This causes many 10 SEER rated air conditioners to run at a efficiency even lower than what it was rated when it was brand new.
Better – 15 SEER Air Conditioner
When properly matched with a new indoor evaporator coil, an air conditioner can achieve a 15 SEER rating. An air conditioner with a 15 SEER rating is currently the minimum rating that will qualify for ComEd rebates. A new 15 SEER air conditioner can qualify for up to $250 in rebates from ComEd.
Best – 16+ SEER Air Conditioner
The next step up in energy efficiency and comfort are air conditioners that have a SEER rating of 16 or 18. These are some of the most efficient air conditioners available. These include two-stage cooling units which work much like a two-stage furnace. When there is a call for cooling, the air conditioner will start up at a lower speed to cool the home. If the thermostat set temperature is not satisfied within a predetermined time frame, it will ramp up to a higher stage. The lower stage of cooling is also helpful for removing humidity from the home and to maintain the set temperature once it has been reached.
Currently ComEd offers rebates of up to $350 for air conditioners with a 16 SEER rating. An 18 SEER air conditioner qualifies for up to $450 in ComEd rebates.